Jennifer Sandman was born and raised on Vancouver Island, and has always been passionate about becoming a health care professional. It is in Jennifer’s second nature to help people, and she found the perfect avenue to pursue this desire in a therapeutic environment. Jennifer focuses on treating the body as a whole, while using specific techniques to accomplish the patient’s goals. She is dedicated to improving a person’s sense of well-being, and encourages the patients to make positive choices in their health and daily lives. She does this by giving them a comprehensive home-care routine of both strengthening and stretching exercises in combination with Massage Therapy.
Her skill set includes muscle energy, deep tissue massage, overuse injuries, passive/active stretching. Conditions such as TMJ dysfunction, sports related injuries through prevention and maintenance, motor vehicle accidents, post-surgical scars, and much more. She follows the biopsychosocial model in order to make the right decisions during a treatment.
In Jennifer’s spare time, she enjoys horse back riding, kayaking, exploring new hiking trails, travelling, camping, swimming, surfing, raising her child, and enjoying the company of her friends and family.
Jennifer at a Glance.
- Born and raised on Vancouver Island, and grew up in Victoria, BC
- Graduated from the 3000 hour program at the West Coast College of Massage Therapy
- Started her own Massage Therapy business, “Total Rejuvenation Massage Therapy” while working in a busy spa in Victoria in 2011, in 2020 TRMT changed it's name to Cedar Therapeutics.
- Relocated to Nanaimo in order to further build her career as a RMT
- Worked at Knead Therapy, Nanaimo for nearly 4 years
- Jennifer Sandman RMT in Nanaimo and Cedar through mobile and in clinic Massage Therapy
- Knowledgeable with a variety of conditions and treatments related to: Over use injuries that result in inflammation or trigger points; Chronic and acute injuries leading to tension headaches, TMJ dysfunction, fibromyalgia, plantar fasciitis and more; postural dysfunctions from myofascial restrictions, post-surgical scars and muscle imbalances; pregnancy, post partum, sports related care including sports injuries, pre and post event massage; and much more.
Education & Experience.
Jennifer began her career as a Massage Therapist in 2011, following her completion of the 3000 hour Massage Therapy program at the West Coast College of Massage Therapy in Victoria. This program included an extensive knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, pathology’s, assessment and orthopedic testing, therapeutic exercises and joint mobilizations.
- Municipal Business Licence Insured and bondable
- Diploma in Massage Therapy, RMT
- Completion of Provincial Boards Exams
- 72 hrs of training completed in Clinical Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- Foundation of Thai Massage: Level 1, In Chaing Mai, Thailand (30 hrs)
- Thai Massage Enhancement: Level 2 In Chaing Mai, Thailand (30hrs)
- Completion of Massage Therapy in the Childbearing Year – Part 2: Labour, Birth and Post Partum
- Dr. Vodder’s Manual Lymph Drainage – basic level
- Training in Hydrotherapy
- Experience working with the elderly in retirement and nursing homes such as Kiwanis Village, Nanaimo Senior’s Villiage, and Berwick on the Lake
- Spa experience
- Science Based Manual Movement Interventions for RMT's including the latest on Pain Science
- Functional Approach to Weight Training and Rehab
- Clinical Applications of Pain Science: Manual Therapy, Exercise and Rehabilitation Principles for RMT's
- Science Based Manual and Movement Interventions for RMT's
- Code of Ethics/Practice Environment Standard
- Boundaries and Consent
- Work in care homes and group homes for elderly and people with special needs. Some of these places include Berwick on the Lake, Kiwanis Village, Nanaimo Senior Village, The Origin at Longwood, Wexford Home, Mountain View Home, and Westwood Home.
- Experience in multiple events and fundraisers such as Easter Seals Relay, MS Walk, Sooke 10km, Royal Victoria Marathon, Gorge Vale Open & more!!